All products listed herein are F.O.B. Minneapolis, Minnesota 55340 U.S.A. Terms are such as the company may extend to the purchaser. Terms are such as the company may extend to the purchaser not to exceed net in 30 days from the date of invoice. Past due accounts will be charged 1.5% of total order value per month and/or be subject to restocking or cancellation fees. U.P.S. is the standard mode of shipping. Shipping and handling charges are not included in the net prices. Insurance will be added to all orders shipped via U.P.S. unless instructed otherwise. Intercomp shall not be liable for loss, damage, detention, or delay resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control or caused by fire, strike, civil or military authority. Intercomp reserved the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason.
Subject to the terms and conditions as stated herein, Intercomp Company warrants its scales to be free from defects in material and factory workmanship for a period of twenty-four months, all electronic products for twelve months and all non-electronic products for a period of 90 days. All warranties originate from the date of shipment from Minneapolis, MN. U.S.A.
Terms and Conditions of Limited Warranty
This obligation is limited exclusively to defective original equipment manufactured or supplied by Intercomp and is subject to the inspection and analysis by Intercomp as to conclusively identify or confirm the nature and cause of failure. Intercomp responsibility is confined to repair, replacement or credit and does not extend coverage to labor, material or service charges involved in removal or installation of equipment.
Defective components mechanical or electrical, will be repaired or replaced at Minneapolis, Minnesota, provided the user ships the equipment freight prepaid to Minneapolis, Minnesota, in accordance with the Intercomp (RMA) return to manufacturer authorization procedure. Intercomp is not responsible and will not be held liable for losses, injury or damage caused to persons or property by reason of the installation of Intercomp products or their mechanical failure.
This warranty is not applicable for expenses either direct or consequential that may arise for the use of or inability to use these products.
Statement of Limited Warranty
This warranty shall not apply to equipment which:
- Has had repairs or modifications not authorized by Intercomp which in Intercomp judgment has affected the performance or reliability.
- Has been subject to misuse, negligent handling, improper installation, accident, damages by fire, water or act of God.
- Has had serial numbers altered, defaced or removed.
Freight Carrier Damage
Claims for equipment damaged in transit must be referred to the freight carrier. Visible damage should be reported immediately. Concealed damage as soon as possible or in any case, within ten (10) days of receipt of shipment, in accordance with freight carrier regulations.
Return of Standard Equipment
If a new product does not operate properly or is defective, obtain an RMA number and return it within 30 days of delivery from Intercomp, freight prepaid. Intercomp will issue full credit, less shipping, or replace the product at no charge.
Intercomp, at our option, may assess a restocking charge if the equipment was:
- Not correctly specified for the application intended.
- Damaged beyond reasonable recovery.
The restocking charge is directly proportional to the amount of time and material expense required by Intercomp to return the item to a saleable condition. If an item was held in excess of 30 days, a minimum restocking charge of 15% will be assessed.
Follow these simple steps when calling to return equipment for repair:
- Call Intercomp at 800-328-3336 or 763-476-2531 and ask for the Customer Service Department. Ask for a Return to Manufacturer Authorization (RMA) number.
Include with your shipment:
- Copy of the original receipt or invoice.
- The RMA number, your name, shipping address, daytime telephone number and a detailed description of the problem you are experiencing.
- Clearly mark the RMA number on the outside of the package. This will help us speed your package through our receiving process.